Chev



Before the race, I googled relentlessly to get any last minute tips on preparing. Now that I've finally done one, here are my suggestions.

  • Don't eat too late the night before - You don't want to have to stop off at a port-a-potty while at the race site. I had a couple of slices of pizza a few hours before going to bed.
  • Do eat something the morning of - Running on an empty stomach is HORRIBLE...especially in the sun. You will be weaker than normal. Try to eat a light breakfast about 2 hours before the start time.
  • Prepare clothes the night before - I had to wake up at 5:45 AM to catch the Metro and be at the starting line at 8:00. Figuring out what to wear and making sure its clean is the last thing you want to do that early!
  • Get excited!!! You have probably trained for this...now your training can come to fruition. Go to the race with a friendly and positive attitude. I met so many people with smiles on their faces before, during and after the race.

Labels: , , edit post
2 Responses
  1. Congrats on running your first 5K!

    Those are great tips.



Post a Comment